Debt Consolidation For Vehicle Loans With Bad Credit Debt Consolidation For Vehicle Loans With Bad Credit

Find out more on Debt Consolidation For Vehicle Loans With Bad Credit Now!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Who is the Quintessential Reverse Mortgage Customer

By Kablamn Vanrock

As a loan officer working exclusively with reverse mortgages, I speak to many prospective borrowers on a weekly basis. I'm always in the process of evaluating them as real customers.

I'm not in the business of making a big magnet of myself and trying to get all of them to work with me. The fact is some simply shouldn't, and I tell them so.

If I were going to place a ranking on how good the reverse mortgage is for customers I'd say it would be bad, okay, good, and great. People fit into all ranking. Let's talk about great.

Closing costs are expensive for these mortgages. As such I'm very interested to know the time frame a senior plans on residing in the home.

Most important in my mind is to help my customer understand that their will be a fairly high cost to get the mortgage. My efforts are to ascertain the customers needs relative to cost.

The answer I like best from them is "until i die". This is best as the true cost of the mortgage, on an annualized basis, goes down the longer a customer stays in the home.

At loan application you would receive, from you lender of choice, a disclosure outlining how the mortgage reduces in cost, on an annualized basis, the longer the mortgage lasts.

The disclosure gives snapshots of the annual cost of the mortgage over various years. You'll see how cost reduces over time.

Along with a long mortgage period the best reverse mortgage customers are those without the ability to add income to a financial situation which is already under water.

Fixed incomes play an important role in making up the perfect reverse mortgage customer.

I'd say the final attribute of the perfect candidate is that of not having a vital interest in leaving a large inheritance to the kids. This group is thinking about the rest of their own lives rather than the rest of their kids lives.

Many have a mind set that they must leave something to the kids. It's vital to them. The reverse mortgage is a financial tool that allows a mortgage without paying monthly. Interest tacks on to the mortgage which doesn't normally give this group warm fuzzies.

To conclude we're looking for three things: "they're going to carry me out of the house", non-recoverable financial hardship, and lack of desire to leave inheritance to the kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home