Debt Consolidation For Vehicle Loans With Bad Credit Debt Consolidation For Vehicle Loans With Bad Credit

Find out more on Debt Consolidation For Vehicle Loans With Bad Credit Now!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

War Hero Get's Reverse Mortgage

By Johnwahn Vanrock

Normally I write these articles from the perspective of teaching something to the general public about reverse mortgages.

Not this time. I had a chat with an individual a couple days back that was just a great experience for me.

About me real quick. I'm 40 and have love for history of all kinds, particularly 20th century history. Of course, the History Channel was my favorite spot until they abandoned their former programming to speculate about UFOs.

Fortunately I'm in the reverse mortgage business. If I wasn't I wouldn't have talked with the man I spoke to yesterday. We talked for at least a half hour about him getting a reverse mortgage.

At the end of the conversation he mentioned where he was stationed back in 1948. That was close enough to WWII so I had to ask if he served during the war. Notice he didn't just tell me...

He, in a very low key manner, said he did and was at Pearl December 7, 1941.

Immediately, my ears perk up. Now I'm talking to one of just a few who still remain from that historic day.

The story gets more interesting. This man was actually below deck on the USS West Virginia when it was hit by six torpedos. He said you could hear the high pitched whine of the torpedos as they crashed against the hull.

I didn't get into the gory details of the battle, but he was wounded badly. In fact he blacked out and woke up in a pile of dead bodies. Apparently, he was presumed dead himself. His family was actually notified of his death.

The family memorialized his death as well.

Skeptical me... When I left the call I Googled his name and Pearl Harbor. Sure enough, there he was with story he just told me.

I don't have much of a point here other than it was a great phone call, at least for me. I felt like I had a little brush with history in the form of an American hero.

From my perspective the reverse mortgage business was the conduit for a shlub like me to speak to the last of a dying bread. It was a great experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home