Debt Consolidation For Vehicle Loans With Bad Credit Debt Consolidation For Vehicle Loans With Bad Credit

Find out more on Debt Consolidation For Vehicle Loans With Bad Credit Now!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Conservative Appraisals Not Helping Reverse Mortgages

By Scweezeme Vanrock

Two days ago I heard from a would-be client, who quickly became a never-would-be client. I say this because I can practically guarantee that I wont be contacted by him again.

After warming me up by praising my marketing skills, he asked me his burning question: What can you do different than any other guy to get me the highest possible amount of cash from my house?

There is actually no way to do it another way. All of us in reverse mortgages use the same formula to establish the cash amount that can be removed from a loan.

After that he says he would like me to hire an appraiser that would do impressive work. I knew this meant he wanted someone who would alter his results a bit to have it work out in the end.

The point being for him, a reverse mortgage lender will lend him a greater amount of money if his value comes in higher.

Many seniors have a desire to pay off their traditional mortgage using the reverse mortgage. It's the number 1 reason seniors are looking at the reverse. But, with waning values, it can be precarious.

Yet the lender can't at all times loan an adequate amount to fulfill this wish if the appraisal returns too low. So the poor borrower has to maintain payment on the regular loan until his home value increases enough to give it another shot.

Until recently appraisers were able to take certain liberties on their report, but now they are having a rough time.

If you are a strict rule following appraiser, the above statement might tick you off a bit, but come on, it is general knowledge this practice was occurring.

Presently everyone in the housing industry is being held responsible for the mortgage debacle, appraisers too. A closer eye is being kept on them than previously.

Appraisers are getting checked up on more than ever before, and are in jeopardy of having their license revoked if they do things unscrupulously.

I relayed all of this information to the potential client, and he hasn't called me since. I warned him that other lenders would assure him the highest possible appraisal.

Most lenders will promise it, but won't do anything differently when it comes down to it. I choose to let seniors know all the facts and risk losing them as a client.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home